- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons mustard oil
- 450g assorted vegetables, cut into 2 cm dice
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 5 small green chilies, split lengthways
- Combine the turmeric, chili powder, mustard powder, salt and mustard in a bowl. Add the vegetables, onion and green chilies, tossing to coat with the spiced oil. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables and marinade to a large, heavy-based saucepan or casserole. Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender, stirring regularly to prevent sticking.The vegetables will cook in their own juices.
- Remove from the heat and serve with Puffed Puri Bread or steamed rice
To all the chicken lovers out there, we haven’t forgotten about you guys. Try out our Spiced Poppy-seed Chicken.
It’s the perfect recipe for a lazy weekend or a tiring workday and can be cooking within 20-25 minutes.